My board3 don't fits to my 1024x768 screen resolution

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Spirit

My board3 don't fits to my 1024x768 screen resolution

Post by Spirit »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Beginner

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
When I check all those board3 examples, including this oficially site, all fits perfectly to my 1024x768 screen resolution, however my own portal somehow don't work and it's so wide from left to right (huge center, with proper sized left and right blocks) that It don't fit to my screen (half right block is hidden), unless I check it on other 1280 x 800 pixels resolution PC (then it's ok)

First I though that this is matter of my chosen Redsilver style, however I sucessfully upgraded board to newest version and started to use new AeroBlue style - with same problem. I have no idea why center is so big. It's most likely my mistake and I overlooked something, however no matter how much I check in hope to find out what's wrong, I can't find a solution.
Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Re: My board3 don't fits to my 1024x768 screen resolution

Post by Kevin »

A link to your board would be helpful.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Hmm.., yes of course.
When I opened thread, I actually entered all required infos, including link to my board. Maybe my wrong "Save" instead "Submit" button push and then "no" to "save draft" deleted my informational entries. (I have no idea what phpBB3 developers was thinking when they placed new "save" button on position which is so easily confused with "Submit"..)

Ok, ok.. sorry, it's my fault anyway, so let me try again:

Do you have MODs (Modifications) installed at your forum or Portal: no
What have you done before the problem was there: not much, it's new installation
What have you already tryed to solve the problem: styles change
Boardlink: [removed by author 1.1.2009]

It fits perfectly to 1280 x 800 pixels resolution, but many people, including me, still use 1024 x 768 pix. resolution. Beside that each other board3 portal looks as it should in 1024 x 768, so I believe that it's my fault, but can't find mistake.

Thank you for your time and patience.
Last edited by Spirit on 1. January 2009 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

*bump* to the top

Topic author
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I saw already complains here around about lack of board3 support, but I didn't know that it's so bad. It looks like nice portal and I would gladly use it but because lack of preparation to waste time for basic/small support am afraid that I will be forced to migrate to other portal platform.
Admin, please delete my portal account. Thanks and happy New Year.

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

Happy new year to you too! Account deleted as wished.
Have fun with another portal.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”