Installing problems,require help to install PLEASE..!!!

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
steveuk

Installing problems,require help to install PLEASE..!!!

Post by steveuk »

Hi, i downloaded and upload the Board3 portal to my test site befor i upload to my original forum, and i just could not get it to work.
I tried everythink all i kepted getting was errors. I had to uninstall my phpbb3 test site 3 times, and then re-upload the portal again and again, only to get errors all the time.

Is there any kind TRUST worthy user here (MOD OR ADMIN) as they more trust worthy ;) . that is willing to help me out and install the postal into my test and original sites, without messing anythink up.? I cant pay anythink at this time as im not working ,and funds are hard to find and im just about making ends meet on the hosting costs each month. :(

So if there some nice trust worthy kind hearted person (MOD/Admin)willing to help and install onto my 2 sites i be very greatfull. Just PM me and i let you know my FTP info, i doubt you will require my Forum info i hope as that is one thing i wont give out. giveing my FTP is giving your trust as it is.lol :lol:
you will need to re-upload the portal as it was removed when i uninstalled the last Test forum.

Just PM me if you can help

Thanks
Steve.

Ice
Former Team Member

Re: Installing problems,require help to install PLEASE..!!!

Post by Ice »

Well it would be a good start to tell us the errors you were receiving, as we may be able to tell you how to fix them without touching your site ourselves.
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Topic author
steveuk

Post by steveuk »

Ice wrote:Well it would be a good start to tell us the errors you were receiving, as we may be able to tell you how to fix them without touching your site ourselves.
ok i re-uploaded the board3 portal, and still i get errors.. when i did al lthe rediting and tried to run the portail i got this error/
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND t.template_id = s.template_id AND c.theme_id = s.theme_id AND i.imag' at line 4 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: cod4doma@cod4domain.net
when i try and run the forum by itself i get this error.
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'cod4doma_phpb4.phpbb_portal_config' doesn't exist [1146]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: cod4doma@cod4domain.net
Please note im a compleate newbie at PHPBB3 and know nothink about codeing, editing sql databases, ect, thats why i asked for help in the first place, this is installed on my test forum, i wont delete anythink just yet, untill i know what needs to be done.

Steve

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

You didn't run the install file at /portal_install/install.php .

Topic author
steveuk

Post by steveuk »

Ice wrote:You didn't run the install file at /portal_install/install.php .
Oh yes i did.lol
thats the first install i did
So whats next.?
Steve

Topic author
steveuk

Post by steveuk »

here what i get when i ran the install from.
http://cod4domain.net//testforum/instal ... nstall.php
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND t.template_id = s.template_id AND c.theme_id = s.theme_id AND i.imag' at line 4 [1064]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

So now what do i do.?

Steve

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

The install file doesn't use that line of SQL at all, could it be some other mod you have installed that's interfering with the template system?

Topic author
steveuk

Post by steveuk »

Ice wrote:The install file doesn't use that line of SQL at all, could it be some other mod you have installed that's interfering with the template system?
Nope ive not installed anythink else, i just installed PHPBB3.0.1 and the Board3 portal uploaded thats all there is.

Steve

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

The problem must have existed before the portal installation:
http://cod4domain.net/testforum/index.php

I would recommend to do a full new install (if you won't loose any data) - first the phpBB3 core system, if everything works fine the portal installation afterwards.

In my opinion it doesn't make sense that someone of the team does the installation for you. You want to be admin of a web forum, so you have to learn to deal with updates and mod installations. Give it one more try, you'll receive support here in the forums. ;)
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
steveuk

Post by steveuk »

Kevin wrote:The problem must have existed before the portal installation:
http://cod4domain.net/testforum/index.php

I would recommend to do a full new install (if you won't loose any data) - first the phpBB3 core system, if everything works fine the portal installation afterwards.

In my opinion it doesn't make sense that someone of the team does the installation for you. You want to be admin of a web forum, so you have to learn to deal with updates and mod installations. Give it one more try, you'll receive support here in the forums. ;)
Ok each time ive tried this ive deleted everythink the PHPbb3 3.0.1 & the Portal, i then re-install PHPBB3 that runs fine, when i install the Portal and do al lthe html editing when i run it, it never works, im about to give up and leave the darn thing alone, to much time waisting on this, wished i sticked with PHPBB2 least i could work with there mods/Upgrades ect.
Like i say this is for a test so i can see what it's like and give me a little inview of how to run it and the mods.
I run a forum as admin on phpbb3 already http://yourvideoworld.co.uk but if im having tis much hassle in trying to install this Portal in a test forum no way will i attempt to try on my main forum

Steve

Kevin
Site Admin

Post by Kevin »

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND t.template_id = s.template_id AND c.theme_id = s.theme_id AND i.imag'
It seems that this error message has nothing to do with the portal itself - assuming you've done the installation properly, following the instructions in the "install.xml".

Please upload a original session.php - it seems that something is wrong there.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

gekow

Post by gekow »

My guess is, that you mixed up some Add BEFORE and Add AFTER or REPLACE WITH advises in the xml file. Same happened to me :oops:

Chayil

Post by Chayil »

Greetings,

I have had the same error codes. I've tried twice today and have been unsuccessful. I would really like this to work out. Next attempt I will leave the session file as it is originally and see if that works.

~chayil

Kevin
Site Admin

Post by Kevin »

Would have been nice if steveuk have given some response if he got it fixed with a original session.php

With that lag of information i would still guess that it has something to do with mixing something up during the installation, as we never had this error before.

Chayil

Post by Chayil »

Kevin wrote:Would have been nice if steveuk have given some response if he got it fixed with a original session.php

With that lag of information i would still guess that it has something to do with mixing something up during the installation, as we never had this error before.
My problem is 1 - I don't know php, so I'm ignorant to where the lines start and stop. It's difficult for me to ascertain where to add things either before OR after dependent on where the line start or stops since the tip reads - this may not be the whole line. :?

I got so frustrated with it yesterday that I quit trying.

Is there a hint that I can tell? like the hash marks: // or the little boxes that are there when you hit the return key?

I've been editing in notepad, could that be my problem in not being able to tell?

Thanks for your help. I really want to get the portal up and running, but I'm afraid my ignorance is hindering me in this.... :(

~chayil

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”