Is install script okay "as is" if your dB has a diff prefix?

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
ScrapbookSupplies
phpBB.com User: ScrapbookSupplies

Is install script okay "as is" if your dB has a diff prefix?

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://www.scrapbooksuppliesdirect.com

PHP Version: 5.0?

What have you done before the problem was there?
I do not have a problem yet (I am trying to avoid one =] ). My files are modded, just not yet uploaded.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
Eeek. I have searched the forum and looked in FAQ's, otherwise no.

Description and Message
First, thank you for the mod and my apologies that my first post on your forum is to mooch help.

This should be basic but I need to confirm because I am database-phobic. I modded my files locally, and while uploading the new files realized there was an install script. Looking at it (the install script) I see dB instructions. My question/concern is that we added a new prefix to our database when we migrated to v3.

We went from phpbb_ to phpbb3_. In the files I see "phpbb_portal_"..... Is this okay to use "as is" or do I need to change this to "phpbb3_portal_". I am afraid to just change it because I might make something else not work, yet if I don't change it, when we out-grow our dB and eventually drop those old v2 tables I could lose tables because they are mis-identified.

Again, thank you for this mod. I have been looking for a portal for a couple of years and fell head over heels for yours. I look forward to installing it. ;)

Jeanne

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Is install script okay "as is" if your dB has a diff prefix?

Post by Marc »

There should be no problems with a different database prefix. I think the phpbb_ prefix gets replaced by your own in the install script.

Topic author
ScrapbookSupplies

Fantastic, I was just going to give it a shot and see- so I will let you know. BTW, saw your avatar on phpBB - Very sharp!

Thanks so much!

Topic author
ScrapbookSupplies

Marc wrote:There should be no problems with a different database prefix. I think the phpbb_ prefix gets replaced by your own in the install script.
This did work.

Initially when I went straight to the forum (without adding /install/ ) in the addy bar I got an error about the database, but when I put the proper addy in, it installed without a hitch.

Thank you so very much!
Solved!! :D

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”