Update/Install ACP Issue[Solved]

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
paragon

Update/Install ACP Issue[Solved]

Post by paragon »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

What have you done before the problem was there?
I have installed phpbb3 3.0.4, installed several modifications (listed as follows: phpbb3 gallery, filebase, and a calendar system. Only the gallery and filebase use the ACP in .MODS) along with an older version of the Board3 portal. All was well until upgrading to the newest version.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
I attempted to uninstall and reinstall resulting, obviously, in the loss of my preferences of board3 and no fix to the problem.

Description and Message
After a upgrade install I seen that there was no Control panel for board3 in the .MODS ACP, I then continued to do what I described above as a possible solution to discover the reinstall did not change anything (except for losing my board3 configuration, which was expected).
Last edited by paragon on 22. April 2009 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

khikho
phpBB.com User: khikho

Re: Update/Install ACP Issue

Post by khikho »

I have the Same Problem :?:

~HG~

Post by ~HG~ »

My upgrade went relatively smoothly.

Did you run the /install folder with the instructions on how to update?

Did you delete the files (if any) required to be deleted?

Once I had v1.0.3 installed I then over wrote the new blocks and template files with my own which I had modified to suit my board and now all is good once again.

If you run the /install folder, you can also use it to uninstall board3 so I suggest you take that line and then reinstall following the .xml instructions for a new installation.

Mike
Former Team Member

Post by Mike »

~HG~ wrote:Once I had v1.0.3 installed I then over wrote the new blocks and template files with my own which I had modified to suit my board and now all is good once again.
Thats a really bad idea. The most of the blocks have several changes /bugfixes, and if you use your old Blocks, you dont have the latest Version of B3P.
kein Support per PN / Messenger
no Support via PM / Messenger

Topic author
paragon

Post by paragon »

I did use the correct .xml file instructions(for an update from a previous version) along with deleted the appropriately depreciated files. Is there no fix/solution? I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. I am about to revert to an old version or uninstall it totally/find another solution.

Topic author
paragon

Post by paragon »

This was solved by deinstalling the said mods above, installing the portal and then re-installing said mods.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”