A couple of styling questions

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Asevias Black

A couple of styling questions

Post by Asevias Black »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://filthee.com/area51/index.php

PHP Version: N/A
MySQL Version: N/A

What have you done before the problem was there?
N/A

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
N/A

Description and Message
SOLVED
PROBLEMS 1 & 2
O.k. so I get these bullets that are off the "frame" of the right column, and I would like to know how to fix them. Also with this picture you can also see that my style sheet for the portal doesn't exactly match the layout of pro silver. Is there an easy fix for that?

I tried to manually edit the portal.css and make things a certain color so I could figure out what was what exactly. Well after attempting to do this quite a few times and not seeing a difference on the portal page. (Yes I purged the cache quite a few time!) I changed pretty much every color attribute to "CC0099" which is a horrible purple color.

So this tells me that its not pulling the portal.css so I am going to go back through all that code to see if I did something incorrectly.

Solved the first part myself I guess I had portal.css and colour.css in the wrong order?! :geek:

PROBLEM 3
I was also wondering if there was a way that I could do something similar to my website except have the background color "12A3EB"?

I would like to say thanks in advance for anyone that helps! If you don't understand what I am asking feel free to ask for more information from me.
“All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.” ~Chuck Palahniuk

Ice
Former Team Member

Re: A couple of styling questions

Post by Ice »

It's not the main cache you have to purge, you have to purge the theme cache for the particular style.

ACP -> Styles -> Themes -> <your style> -> Refresh, and confirm with Yes.

Hope this helps.

Ice
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”