Global Anouncments "Write Comments" not working.

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
OBeer-WAN-Kenobi

Global Anouncments "Write Comments" not working.

Post by OBeer-WAN-Kenobi »

Hi everyone,
Once again I've encountered a problem but this one seems to be pretty small. It might just be that I'm doing something wrong.

Under "Latest Global Anouncments" on the portal page, if I click on "comments" it brings me to the proper forum where I can then click on "reply" to write a comment. However, if I click on "Write Comments", it says that the forum doesnt' exist.

Under "Latest News" on the portal page both of the links work properly.

I found that if I hover over the "Latest Global Anouncments", "write comments" link, it says ......posting.php?mode=reply&t=227
If I instead hover over the "Latest News", "write comments" link, which works, it says.......posting.php?mode=reply&f=22&t=228

Is there something I'm missing or did I find a little bug?
How can I fix this?

So far, I really like this portal on my test forum and I plan to put it up on my main, live site as soon as I get all the kinks worked out! Thanks for a great portal!
Score:
OBeer = 1
Murpheys Law = 1,987

Ice
Former Team Member

Re: Global Anouncments "Write Comments" not working.

Post by Ice »

I thought we worked this bug out, may I have a link to your testboard? PM me it or something.
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Topic author
OBeer-WAN-Kenobi

Post by OBeer-WAN-Kenobi »

Thanks for your reply!

I just tested it agian so I could make sure I didn't look like an idiot when I sent you the link. Unfortunately, maybe I am and and I think it was my fault. :oops: It seems to be working now. I installed board3 portal on my main forum yesterday as the "anouncments" problem was the only one I had and it seemed small. For some reason it worked just fine on my main forum. I tried it out and It still didn't work on my test forum. But I played with some things and had to purge my cache and refresh my style yesterday. Maybe thats what fixed the problem?

I'll PM you a link just in case. But it looks like my issues are solved for now so I can come back and bug you later for a real issue.

ETA: When I hover over the link with my mouse now, it looks like the right format, not like before.
Score:
OBeer = 1
Murpheys Law = 1,987

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

That is quite odd, but I'm glad it's now working. I had a look at the link but couldn't see anything wrong.
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”