Adding new blocks

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
sir chunk a lot

Adding new blocks

Post by sir chunk a lot »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.6
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://majorgamers.co.uk/info/portal.php

What have you done before the problem was there?
Installed the v106 portal
added some videos pictures

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
I am not a coder and don't know how to put more blocks in .

Description and Message
I want to add new custom blocks, be able to add more pictures and limit some to members only others free to all.
I also want to move some of the right hand side into the left and add new right hand side, add new large blocks to the centre
Lastley
Make the portal run threw all the forum
NOTE i do have Mchat installed.

I have just downloaded the new v2.0 version. but not sure if it can be upgraded.
Thanks
Sir Chunk

Topic author
sir chunk a lot

Re: Adding new blocks

It would be nice for some feed back on this please???? :D

Topic author
sir chunk a lot

Thanks for the help all !!
Some help forum :oops:

thraxx

Post by thraxx »

If you log in to your acp and goto mods tab you can ad a custom block. Just put the code in the field and add the block. I am not sure about several of them. As far as moving things left to right and so on I think you would have to manually edit the proper files. I'm not certain on that. I am good at hacking code just not making it lol. Good luck post your answer I too would like to be able to further customize my homepage/portal.

I used to use nuke php. I find it to be much easier to ad custom blocks and organize the site, however I like the security and code better for phpbb. I really like this portal perhaps in the future they will add a user customization interface for us less fortunate coders lol.

Regards

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Post by Marc »

Isn't that what Board3 Portal 2.0.0 does? ;)

thraxx

Post by thraxx »

Yes but you don't have an easy customization add-on. Like ease of use to move blocks side to side (and edit content), arrange them, and customize the block content easily. I like board3 portal and I am not new to phpbb forums. All I'm saying is the interface could be more user friendly. View my nuke and my phpbb3 portal site to see the difference. I appreciate the work you all do with the portal so don't get this wrong. I'm merely making a suggestion I think would help user. See site(s) @

http://theearcade.com
http://politinator.theearcade.com

Regards

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Post by Marc »

Again, isn't that what Board3 Portal 2.0.0 adds?

Take a look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4572&p=27379#p27379

Topic author
sir chunk a lot

thraxx wrote:Yes but you don't have an easy customization add-on. Like ease of use to move blocks side to side (and edit content), arrange them, and customize the block content easily. I like board3 portal and I am not new to phpbb forums. All I'm saying is the interface could be more user friendly. View my nuke and my phpbb3 portal site to see the difference. I appreciate the work you all do with the portal so don't get this wrong. I'm merely making a suggestion I think would help user. See site(s) @

http://theearcade.com
http://politinator.theearcade.com

Regards
Thanks i have looked and your site looks great.

I am sorry but i was not able to find away of adding a new block
I am sorry but i think this help forum is NOT any good at all I asked this question a long time ago and the admins take it not to help and seem not to be botherd at all, i have spoken to a lot of folk and they all say the same, the site looks good but the help is poor,
Sorry if you lot don't like this but i can only go by what i have had in help and what i have been told by others not a happy bunny :o :oops:

Theriddler

Post by Theriddler »

knowledge/kb_show.php?id=51

This has helped me in the past when i used board3 portal version 1.06

I now use board3 portal version 2.x then you don't have to mess with adding new blocks like the link above but you can do that in admin panel
and add as many as you'de like to have.

I dit not update from 1.06 to 2.x because after that i got errors
i did however deinstalled portal 1.06 and deleted all the file edits en removed portal 1.06 from database with the install file.
then i followed the install instructions for 2.x

If i were you i did the same but then again if you like portal 1.06 then you have to keep in mind to do the edits adding a new block manually.

Good luck ;)

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”