Instalation

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Kosuki

Instalation

Post by Kosuki »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://www.solowarfare.com/

What have you done before the problem was there?
I in staled the portal mod.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
Yes

Description and Message
I have installed the portal mod with out success. I followed every step out on the instructions to the "T"

When I finished the installation and I erased the installation folder then I try to access my website and I get this message

General Error
Language file ./language/en/portal.php couldn't be opened.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: SoloWarfare@gmail.com

So them I took my old portal.php file and dropped it in. So now I get this MSG

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home7/dropdea2/public_html/solowarfare/forums/cache/tpl_prosilver_overall_header.html.php on line 194

I have no idea what to do I have no experience with this stuff.

How do I fix this?

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Instalation

Post by Marc »

Check all the instructions again. It seems like you didn't upload all the files and you probably didn't follow all of the edits. Also since you seem to update from phpBB3 Portal, you should probably follow that instruction. ;)

Topic author
Kosuki

Post by Kosuki »

Marc wrote:Check all the instructions again. It seems like you didn't upload all the files and you probably didn't follow all of the edits. Also since you seem to update from phpBB3 Portal, you should probably follow that instruction. ;)
On 2 of the edit or 3 i think it is telling me to add something when it is already there...

I just tried to redo it still no luck

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Post by Marc »

The second edit says to find and delete something in adm/index.php. Make sure you deleted that part of the code.

The third edit tells you to edit that, if it is already there don't add it again.

The fourth edit tells you to find and delete something, my guess is that it is still there. ;)

Topic author
Kosuki

Post by Kosuki »

We I am sorry to say I had to abandon the board3 portal. I had many errors with it. I am not sure if it was the board3 or what but the board was sent back 2 months. I was also unable to uninstall portal from phpbbportal, so I had 2 portal links both did not work and ya board was screwed up. As I said b4 I am not very smart at this so I have to stick with what I have because this is to hard for me.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”