I'm stumped. Can anyone help?

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
drumfunken

I'm stumped. Can anyone help?

Post by drumfunken »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.4
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://www.floridakayakangler.com/forum/portal.php

What have you done before the problem was there?
I just installed Version 1.04 for the first time.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
I've look through some files to see if it was a size issue but i'm thinking its a style issue can any one confirm. I'm using the polyethylene Style which was built off SubSilver. I thought I could make the portal work, and for the most part is does other then the portal page looking like it does.

Description and Message
So as you can see my portal page has blocks and contents but looks nothing like the portal page should.

Again this is on Style polyethylene which was constructed from subsilver.

Please help.

Mike
Former Team Member

Re: I'm stumped. Can anyone help?

Post by Mike »

I can try to fix your problem, so that the Portal looks more like a portal, but sadly i have to say that this style isnt adaptable for the portal. I tryed it some months ago and the best i can do is this: http://area51.mikevil.de/portal.php?style=26
To fix this Problem with the Portal it needs a lot of changes in the whols style (including any graphics), but it's not worth the trouble.
I would advise you to use another style... ;)
kein Support per PN / Messenger
no Support via PM / Messenger

Topic author
drumfunken

Post by drumfunken »

Bummer, Guess I'll start looking for another style. Is there a list somewhere of styles the portal is compatible with?????

Thanks for your help!

Mike
Former Team Member

Post by Mike »

The most of them does. I have installed more than 80 Styles on my Testboard who can be used as an inspiration ;) : http://area51.mikevil.de

Topic author
drumfunken

Post by drumfunken »

Mike that help a bunch thank you. I made a paypal donation for the help!!!

Trying to use the Glacier Style but Can't find some lines of the code in the Overall_Header.html

Mike
Former Team Member

Post by Mike »

Thanx for the donation... ;)

These Days i sadly have no time to make new style adaption. But if you can wait a few days i will make it a soon as i can. Im in holliday till the 11.01.10 and then i have time enough to make all the requestet styleadaptions.
You can skip the changes in overall_header.html and simply copy the needed files. You wont be able to switch off the headermenu, but your portal will work. If im ready with the adaption i let you know ;)

Topic author
drumfunken

Post by drumfunken »

No worries Mike. Ok So I got the SF_Glacier_Lite style and the Portal working and everything's great except one thing.

The Login Box when you are a guest seems to jump outside the main forum table, like its not respecting the width value, and takes the rest of the column with it. Noticed on your version it doesn't have that problem.

http://www.floridakayakangler.com as soon as you visit you will see the problem.

Mike
Former Team Member

Post by Mike »

I dont see any problem with your loginbox (using firefox) but it seems you dont have made the changes regarding stylesheet.css...
Please see install.xml how to add portalö.css into stylesheet.css. (dont forget to purge the caches after that)

Topic author
drumfunken

Post by drumfunken »

Mike wrote:I dont see any problem with your loginbox (using firefox) but it seems you dont have made the changes regarding stylesheet.css...
Please see install.xml how to add portalö.css into stylesheet.css. (dont forget to purge the caches after that)

How can you tell I didn't do anything to the stylesheet? Just wondering cause I don't see anything that looks wrong.

Mike
Former Team Member

Post by Mike »

Maybe you have done the edits to the stylesheet.css, but maybe you forget to upload the portal.css or to refresh the caches.
Some of your Blocks (eg. welcome) has a wrong background and your menu doesnt have the images. This is an indication of the stylesheet.css issue ;)

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”