Making Custom Blocks

Current Version: 2.0.2
Released: 2013-10-27
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look at the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
novanilla

Making Custom Blocks

Post by novanilla »

I find this rather difficult. Mainly because I'm clueless... But I keep plugging.

What are the requirements for making a gallery block? I had a custom weather block that worked great (Accuweather), and accessed a user's zip code for weather. I also had a calendar block from the phpBB Calendar 0.1.0 that still worked great, even though the mod was abandoned. I can't get either of these to work in custom blocks for 2.0 beta yet.

Seems (for example) that I could make the edits I used to make in portal.php for the "next events on calendar" block that I make in the index.php file. Then I should be able to include the line <!-- INCLUDE calendar_week_on_index.html --> in that portal block, just as I did before. But it doesn't parse that kind of html code.

Any assistance on this kind of custom block would be greatly appreciated.

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Making Custom Blocks

Post by Marc »

The goal of Board3 Portal 2.0.0 was that there is no need to edit important files like portal.php anymore.

If you need to run PHP code, you can add that into your module file (which you need to create). An example of a module file is portal_default.php.

You can find more infos on module files here:
knowledge/kb_categorie.php?id=23

Topic author
novanilla

Re: Making Custom Blocks

Post by novanilla »

Thank you!!! This answers so much. I apologize for not seeing these topics sooner!

Return to “Board3 Portal 2.0.x - English Support”