Cannot Install board3 Portal Successfully

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Christy
phpBB.com User: Christy

Cannot Install board3 Portal Successfully

Post by Christy »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.5
Your phpBB Type: Premodded phpBB
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

What have you done before the problem was there?
I was transferred from a free host that used a different portal software which was probably phpBB3 Portal as that is what it was asking for me to convert.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
Nothing really just trying to look for a way to make it so the portal will install. It says that I have to convert from the phpBB3 Portal to Board3portal

Description and Message
Hello,

Anyway, as I mentioned above when I went to install the Portal on my board it said that I had to convert from the phpBB3 portal to Board3portal. However, I get a series of debug messages when I attempt to install the Portal and I cannot move past the first step. Is there any way that I can just get rid of the data from my old portal and just install this fresh version?

The message I get:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install1/install_convert.php on line 121: include(./../install/outdated_files.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install1/install_convert.php on line 121: include(./../install/outdated_files.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install1/install_convert.php on line 121: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../install/outdated_files.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install1/install_convert.php on line 126: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install1/index.php on line 314: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3513)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install1/index.php on line 315: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3513)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install1/index.php on line 316: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3513)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install1/index.php on line 317: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3513)

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Cannot Install board3 Portal Successfully

Post by Marc »

include(./../install/outdated_files.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Try uploading that file. ;)

Topic author
Christy

Post by Christy »

Thank you! That allowed me to get passed that step. Now I have a general error at the next step though:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Data too long for column 'config_value' at row 244 [1406]
SQL

ALTER TABLE `k2killaforums_config` CHANGE `config_value` `config_value` varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/db/db_tools.php
LINE: 1090
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/db/db_tools.php
LINE: 2056
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->_sql_run_sql()

FILE: install/install_functions.php
LINE: 217
CALL: phpbb_db_tools->sql_column_change()

FILE: install/install_convert.php
LINE: 178
CALL: b3p_change_column()

FILE: install/install_convert.php
LINE: 78
CALL: install_convert->remove_phpbb3_portal()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 279
CALL: install_convert->main()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 56
CALL: module->load()

Topic author
Christy

Post by Christy »

Okay well I got it "almost" installed.

"Module file ./../includes/acp/acp_portal.php does not contain correct class [acp_portal]" general error. The thing is, that file is there so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Post by Marc »

Try uploading that file again. Maybe it got corrupted.

Topic author
Christy

Post by Christy »

Hello,

Okay well I had decided to uninstall the portal then reinstall it. I deleted all the files associated with it and changed the files I edited back, however, when I re-installed it and tried to run the installer it only gives me the option to uninstall the MOD not install it. Even after running the uninstaller it only lets me uninstall it again. :(

I can see the Portal on my forum but I cannot see any of the details in the Admin Control Panel and when I do choose the uninstall option it doesn't actually get rid of the portal.

Topic author
Christy

Post by Christy »

Okay finally I got it sorted out! It appears something was wrong with the table in phpmyadmin and when I deleted it it allowed me to install the MOD via the installer. Thanks for the help though, appreciated ;).

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”