Board Style selector problem

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Mr.Victor
phpBB.com User: Mr.Victor

Board Style selector problem

Post by Mr.Victor »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
gone over my code several times...reverted to a backup with no luck after reinstalling board menu and portal files

Description and Message
I installed the portal then I installed the Button Menu 1.1.0 mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1116985 . I have added links to the portal and the forum in the button menu on the header. When I change my style (i have only prosilver and subsilver2) in the portal 'Board Style' selector and then click on any link in the board menu it switches my style to the opposite of what I picked when it loads the new page. Once the style switches one time, it stays on that style. I initially thought it was a board menu bug but when I switch my style in the UCP, it doesn't create this problem. It only switches when I change style in the portal. Also, the style won't switch if I use the normal phpbb links. It only switches when I use the button links in my header.

If it's not making sense, please visit my website: http://www.metrowestentertainment.com, then change the style in the Board Style selector and click on the forum, arcade, or gallery link in the header menu (other links are dead right now) and you will see the problem. Like I said it only happens when I change style in the portal and if I link to a page through the button menu. When I change style in the UCP and link through the normal board navigation it's fine. Any ideas?

Ice
Former Team Member

Re: Board Style selector problem

Post by Ice »

This is because the selector doesn't permanently set the style to the one selected, it's more of a preview function; it requires the url in the link to have the "style" variable assigned. Some links forget the style variable.
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Topic author
Mr.Victor
phpBB.com User: Mr.Victor

Post by Mr.Victor »

thx for quick reply...guess i will remove style selector from portal :(

Ice
Former Team Member

Post by Ice »

You could check the links to see which are missing the "style" var? I may be able to help more then.
Board3 Portal Dev & English Tech Support

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”