A few problems I need help with.

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
OBeer-WAN-Kenobi

A few problems I need help with.

Post by OBeer-WAN-Kenobi »

Hi everyone,

First off I'd like to say that I'm quite new to messing around with portals and don't have a lot of experience with PHPBB3 in general so I would appreciate any help I get!

I've already read through the forums and fixed a couple of problems I had but I still have a couple nagging issues.

#1 is the "cannot modify header problem:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/constants.php:250)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/constants.php:250)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3534: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/constants.php:250)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3536: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/constants.php:250)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3537: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/constants.php:250)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3538: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/constants.php:250)
[/size]

I did edit this in the /phpbb3 directory:

Code: Select all

<Files "config.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>

<Files "common.php">
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Files>
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm
I found two or three different answers on these forums but I'm confused on what exactly to try.

The second problem I'm having is that it won't log me in. I can try to log in but when it returns to the previous page I'm actually not logged in. This is going to be a real problem!

This is a forum used mostly by my friends and used by me as a test forum. Here is the url:
http://rpg.thenutgallery.com/phpBB3/portal.php

Thanks in advance!

ETA: Clarification, it says I'm logged in at the bottom of the forum but it still asks every time I try to post. It's like it logs me in but it doesn't stick? I'm not sure whats up with that.
Score:
OBeer = 1
Murpheys Law = 1,987

Topic author
OBeer-WAN-Kenobi

Re: A few problems I need help with.

Post by OBeer-WAN-Kenobi »

Well, I managed to fix it....... But I have no idea what I did to make it work! :oops:

I'm just replying to this post so that if others are haveing the same problem (or combination of problems I described above) they can narrow it down to two files.

What I did is go through each of the file edits that were required for board3 portal installation one at a time, using my original backup files. After going through I found that when I redid two files everything worked.

Either:
functions.php
OR
constants.php
OR Both

fixed the problem. I'm not sure what I had wrong or what I did to fix it. I just started with the fresh file and did the edit again as described in the installation manual.

I would appreciate any elaboration on this issue you guys are willing to give because I would like to understand what I did wrong.

Thanks.
Score:
OBeer = 1
Murpheys Law = 1,987

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”