Multiple news pages. How?

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
laox

Multiple news pages. How?

Post by laox »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.4
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://www.cooldown.net.pl

PHP Version: 5.2.8
MySQL Version: MySQL(i) 5.0.67-percona-b6-log

What have you done before the problem was there?
Nothing. It's not a problem.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
No.

Description and Message
Hey, guys. I've installed the portal a few days ago. Now in portal index it's just one news page which takes topics from specified forums. What I have to do to have a few more news pages which can be choosed from main menu? But, the thing is, that I want them each one to take the topics from another forum which can be configured from ACP. Can you help me with this? I'm desperated . . . Please help me . . . And sorry for my bad english ;) . I hope you understood me . . .

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Multiple news pages. How?

Post by Marc »

What you want to achieve would need major tweaking of the portal.
First of, you will have to create your own blocks:
knowledge/kb_show.php?id=51

You can use the news block code for each of your blocks, but you will also have to tweak each news blocks php file. In order to be able to configure it via ACP you will again need major tweaking of acp_portal.php and the language files.

Are you capable of doing coding like this?

Topic author
laox

Re: Multiple news pages. How?

Post by laox »

Hi. Thanks for the advice but I'm still green in this. I know how to create a custom block, but all other stuff is too difficult for me.
Can you make a little guide what do I have to looking for in the code? I supposed it will be something with sql too, right? I mean, every newspage needs different setting saved in sql. When I create some of these and force the ACP to allow me changing those values in ACP i'll get a chance to configure this pages from ACP, right? Laguage files is not a problem for me. But what do I have to do to be able to call these pages in the browser?

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”