No style when BoardPortal Installed (Just white blocks)

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
GWAVE 23 xDoWx
phpBB.com User: GWAVE 23 xDoWx

No style when BoardPortal Installed (Just white blocks)

Post by GWAVE 23 xDoWx »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://xdowx.co.uk/forums

PHP Version: 3.0.4
MySQL Version: MySQL 5.0.67

What have you done before the problem was there?
I installed BoardPortal

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
I tried to mod the style files but I couldn't get it to work at all so had to upload backup files.

Description and Message
I am really a beginner to these things. The problem that I have is when I install BoardPortal none of the board style is there, its just white.

I think it may be an issue with how I edited the style files, but I followed the instructions. Some parts of the code within the instructions I didn't have in my style files.

I am using a style called "Liquid Black" (DOWNLOAD HERE) I think the style is based on subsilver2. I have tried everything and cant get it to work.

I followed the subsilver2 instructions but I could find most of the code in the "Liquid Black" files.

Could you please have a look at the style files please and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank You,
Damon (GWAVE 23 xDoWx)

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Re: No style when BoardPortal Installed (Just white blocks)

Post by Kevin »

At first, you should get the portal itself get to work: http://xdowx.co.uk/forums/portal.php
Obviously you haven't uploaded the files correctly. Get back to the instal.xml and check everything again.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
GWAVE 23 xDoWx
phpBB.com User: GWAVE 23 xDoWx

Re: No style when BoardPortal Installed (Just white blocks)

Post by GWAVE 23 xDoWx »

I uploaded all the files correctly and like i said it displayed the portal but all messed up and just white. So I uploaded the backup files and delete most of the portal files from the FTP and from the SQL. Thats why you see that page because I haven't removed portal.php

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”