Custom block style doesn't match?

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Myaj

Custom block style doesn't match?

Post by Myaj »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.2
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://www.skmhta.com/forum/portal.php

What have you done before the problem was there?
Customized my portal colors via the .css

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
Not really sure where to look, so not much of anything other than refreshing the theme and purging the cache.

I did tweak the "other" blocks in the .css to match the same color as my new "custom" block, so they match now as a quick fix, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Description and Message
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to using portals but have been making it through so far (thank you for such an easy setup!). I'm having one problem right now though.

Any new blocks I create using the directions here on the forum do not seem to get the same color/style formatting as all my other blocks on the portal.

If you look at my portal page: http://www.skmhta.com/forum/portal.php

The top right side "Board of Directors" block is one I made myself. It did not show up the same color as the other blocks on the right and left sides (I have since changed the setting in the .css to make the other ones match the new one). It also has a smaller font than the block on the far left (this one was made using the pre-made custom block that I can change in the ACP), the welcome block and the center "custom" block that was also pre-made in the ACP.

How do I make a new block match the others, both color and text style? I know how to make the old blocks match the new one's default color (that yellowish tan), but if I ever want to change this away from the yellow/tan, I don't know how to make the "new" blocks I create change background color.

For text, I actually prefer the smaller font for the left and right bars, larger is okay in the center, but where do I adjust this? I know this is probably a stupid question for those of you who've been coding for years, but I honestly just sort of gimp my way through and try to get it to work, things like this I just can't figure out sometimes. I'm assuming it would be in the portal.css, but nothing there looks like it would help me.

And if setting a color doesn't make the new blocks reflect the color, will setting a font size in the .css do anything?

After I refreshed my theme my weather block stopped working.. but it doesn't seem to be working on Accucheck's website either so keeping my fingers crossed that's not related to the refresh...

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Re: Custom block style doesn't match?

Post by Kevin »

Myaj wrote:but it doesn't seem to be working on Accucheck's website either so keeping my fingers crossed that's not related to the refresh...
Yes, always keep cool with blocks, depending on other services. ;)
It seems to work now.

To create a new block, fitting the style i would suggest to take an existing block template, rename and adapt it. I'd suggest to take the clock.html - as this one doesn't have much content.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
Myaj

Re: Custom block style doesn't match?

Post by Myaj »

Thank you Kevin, I'll try that and see how it goes.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”