Next version of the portal

Alles, was dieses Forum betrifft

Topic author
dragz
Valued Contributor

Next version of the portal

Post by dragz »

So what are you guyz planning to do next? Why don't you guyz translate all the blocks to English? :? :cry:
And how are you going to develop the portal? Me just curious, :idea:

j.rhy@n

Re: Next version of the portal

Post by j.rhy@n »

Not sure about your's but mine are already in English!

Topic author
dragz
Valued Contributor

Post by dragz »

I mean therez some extra blocks,
as an example the arcade block I don't know how to use the sample, :(

hooplah

Post by hooplah »

I know Alexis and the canver team have been working on version 2 of phpbb3 portal for quite some time, there's been no info for quite some time as to how it's going or which direction it may take. Not sure how the guy's here are looking @ developning this version.

If you want help with a particular block just ask a question and i am sure someone will help.

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

hooplah wrote:Not sure how the guy's here are looking @ developning this version.
I can definitely say that we never ever adapt, develop or start a fork of this version. We are not willing and Alexis also.
We started nearly one year ago the fork of the phpBB3portal, named Board3 Portal. In the meantime we have nearly reworked all code of the portal, so we just have a bit of the style left in common.
The Board3 Portal is now in final version (1.X) and validated by phpBB.com. The download count is raising all the time, we have a good team, a good reputation and the community is growing.
This is one big milestone for the team, we have already reached.
dragz wrote:And how are you going to develop the portal?
Okay, lets talk about the plans we have made until now. We have already started the development of Board3 Portal 2.X (okay, let's say Ice has started it mainly), which includes mayor changes to the core of the portal. The key feature will be (in a XHTML valid strict way, which makes it harder) moving and positioning blocks via the ACP. Sounds simple, but means a complete redesign of the core. This feature will open the door wide for nice other things, like adding new blocks simply via the ACP. This will make the portal more flexible and turns it more into the direction we want the portal to have: a simply adaptable platform.
This is at this time the main goal. But please don't ask when there will be a first beta or testing version. We simply don't know and we don't want to rush. We are in a pretty early stage at the moment.
All team members are working or studying. Especially Ice, our main developer, has tons of real life things to face at the moment.
dragz wrote:So what are you guyz planning to do next?
At the moment we are mainly supporting and fixing the few tiny bugs that are reported.
For me in personal: I'm taking the (pretty limited spare-) time to see how we can get the documentation better and I'm developing blocks.
I'm looking for new, qualified team members as the community and the support load is growing. I'm happy that Marc just has joined the team. He is good English speaking German with a very good knowledge of the system. And it seems that we need more people like him. To answer your question:
dragz wrote:Why don't you guyz translate all the blocks to English?
Lag of time, simple like that... ;)
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

hooplah

Post by hooplah »

Thanks for the info and feedback Kevin. Great work you have achieved here. ;)

Return to “Board3.de”