Disable the portal

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
dragz
Valued Contributor

Disable the portal

Post by dragz »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://www.megalk.com

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
Im currently using prosilver and brushed metal themes for my board and they work fine with the portal. Now I want to use another two styles; zeitgeist and TMOL. I don't think I need the portal for that styles. So is there a way to disable the portal only for those two styles?

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Re: Disable the portal

Post by Kevin »

I just could imagine that removing the portal link within this templates could help (as a quick idea).
Although it's not a good idea in general imho. It could end up in errors for the users, e.g. if they change the style and visit your site later via a bookmark - directly on the portal. This will end up in a general error screen.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
dragz
Valued Contributor

Post by dragz »

I see. But I couldn't find any portal edit for those styles. Any idea? Can you explain more about removing the portal link in the templates?

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

In prosilver based styles (with usual rounded corners) you'll find the link in the overall_header.html - something containing {U_PORTAL} and {L_PORTAL}.
In subsilver2 based styled (using tables) it's normally in the breadcrumbs.html
But you don't have to change anything if you haven't adapted the style for the portal already. The link to the portal is one of the edits you have to do yourself. If you haven't done it, no link will be present.

But a tip: upload the standard portal template files, contained in the package to those styles (find out on which style they are based first). This avoids error messages if a user has gone lost and found the portal by mistake.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”