Error 500: Script Execution Failure

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
Taqar

Error 500: Script Execution Failure

Post by Taqar »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://forums.clan-pgc.com

What have you done before the problem was there?
Nothing as far as i know. Everything was working fine last night. I woke up and the error was there.

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
Found a temporary solution by commenting out directoryindex in .htaccess. This bypasses the portal altogether and goes straight to the board index.

Description and Message
When attempting to view the portal on my website I received an Error 500: Script Execution Failure message. I installed the portal 4 or 5 days ago and everything was working great. This morning I woke up and a member told me they couldn't access the forum. The portal address is http://forums.clan-pgc.com/portal.php
The forum address is http://forums.clan-pgc.com. Before modifying .htaccess going to forums.clan-pgc.com redirected to http://forums.clan-pgc.com/portal.php.
This is a temporary fix and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out a solution to the problem so that my portal page works again.

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Error 500: Script Execution Failure

Post by Marc »

Did you check your error log?

Also you might want to take a look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3944

Topic author
Taqar

Post by Taqar »

I had browsed that thread but hadn't thought that it would apply since I had just downloaded the portal :o Turns out I was wrong and the changes did need to be made, It didn't fix the problem though. As for my error log, it seems to be completely useless, it's empty. None of my logs make any reference the portal page. Restoring the forums from an earlier backup didn't help to fix the problem either.

Marc
Dev

Post by Marc »

Try asking your hoster, maybe they know more.

Topic author
Taqar

Post by Taqar »

Tried that too, they're the ones that told me to modify the .htaccess file.
I'm going have to try uninstalling the portal and reinstalling, or just do without it.

Spadewar

Post by Spadewar »

i am getting a error just like this but, mine is when i try to go to the .mods part of my admin panel, this just started today, and what i did before it, was enabled custom block left and center and birthdays, THATS IT now i cant get back into it.

contacted my hosting company, they said possible htaccess problem, i looked at it shows normal.... and my problem is only with the .mods section and the mods pertaining to portal, i tried moving them to a new tab nope same problem sometimes maybe i can get in there but when i click on the mod i wanna edit times out.

any suggestion to modify ?

i went through the database and turned those mods back off, but still having same issue.

Spadewar

Post by Spadewar »

*** tried to edit last post would not edit for some reason **

i had a backup of a database from teh day before, i put the site on that, same issue, so it looks like it is a error in a file somewhere that is doing this.

Marc
Dev

Post by Marc »

Then again we don't have a timer in our files that causes errors. If it's in the ACP, try replacing the portal files in includes/acp/mods/ or re-upload the portal language files for the acp.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”