Board3 Portal & Special and Normal Rank Images

Topic author
AylaAsperger
phpBB.com User: AylaAsperger

Board3 Portal & Special and Normal Rank Images

Post by AylaAsperger »

I have been using Board3 Portal for a long time, and am very happy with it. However, recently I installed the Special and Normal Rank Images mod (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1312765) which allows users to have two rank images. I want this to work with the portal blocks Random User and User Menu as well, but I can't find out how to achieve that. Furthermore the mod owner only supports phpbb itself and no other mod related questions. I hope someone can help me out here!

Topic author
AylaAsperger

Re: Board3 Portal & Special and Normal Rank Images

Post by AylaAsperger »

Nobody?

Huor
Valued Contributor

Post by Huor »

without knowing the mod itself i guess the additional rank images can be simply displayed by inserting an additional entry to the appropriate portal block. I myself use multiple rank mod and there the additional ranks as well as rank images are accessible by RANK_IMG(1-3) and RANK_TITLE(1-3).

So something like:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF RANK2_TITLE -->
				<tr>
					<td class="postdetails" align="center">{RANK2_TITLE}</td>
				</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF RANK2_IMG -->
				<tr>
					<td align="center">{RANK2_IMG}</td>
				</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
its a snippet from my memberlist_view.html. And i guess something similar must be inserted to your user block.
I hope i could give you some hints - as well i am aware that those examples might not fit to your installed rank mod.

Topic author
AylaAsperger

Post by AylaAsperger »

In this mod you need to edit both the php file and the html file for the same thing. So for example memberlist.php and style/...../memberlist.html. And the pieces of code for memberlist are different from the pieces of code for viewmessage. The pieces of code you need to be looking for in these files are different as well, and can't be found in the other files. So if it was as simple as adding a piece of code to all the files where you want the change, I would have had it working already. But at this moment I don't know what to do to make it work, so I hope someone else does and is willing to make me very happy helping me out!

Return to “Modifications Support”