News & Announcements

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
demonicpagan

News & Announcements

Post by demonicpagan »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.4
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
I am curious as to if I set a topic in my News & Announcement forum to Announcement, do they not display in the news block on the portal?

I have a couple topics on my board set to announcement and they don't show up in the news block. If this is the case, what modification(s) do I need to make so they appear there? If you are looking for the URL for my board, I will PM it to the person assisting me as this board is to only be available to a select number of people and I don't want the link scrawled by a bot to show up in a search result.

Mike
Former Team Member

Re: News & Announcements

Post by Mike »

Announcements doesnt appear in the news Block. Therefore we have a announcement Block ;)

The problem is that the answers of this anouncement doesnt appear in your portal if the anouncement is old enough to disapear in this Block. If you want to avoid this behavior you can do it like phpbb.com: set an anouncement with a link to an discussion at the bottopm. The discussion will be showed in the news Block since it is not an anouncement ;)
kein Support per PN / Messenger
no Support via PM / Messenger

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”