Use blocks but maintain the forum (without the portal)

Kein Support auf phpBB Styles direkt!
No support directly to phpBB Styles!

Topic author
unknown2

Use blocks but maintain the forum (without the portal)

Post by unknown2 »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.0RC3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Beginner

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
Hi there!
I will ask somthing that might be a little wired, but ill try to be explicit.
I already have installed this mode and i love the blocks, but i dont like the way that the topics are presented (as Latest News like the next photo)
(click to enlarge image)

I do prefer that the topics stay as in the old way, like this
So my question is that if it is possible to add the blocks in the borders of my forum, but the topics should be as much as likely the old version! I was thinking in reducing the size of the topics (something like this http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=reduce.jpg or simmilar).

Is there any way to do this (ore somthing similar) any how??

Best regards

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Re: Use blocks but maintain the forum (without the portal)

Post by Kevin »

I'm not sure if i understand you correctly. The second screenshot is of the forum index, not a post.
You can display the forum index on the portal, just enable it in the ACP settings of the portal (and you may disable the news block, if you dont like it). You may also have a closer look on the possible settings of the portal: acp_demo/en/
Or do you want to have the side blocks be displayed all over the complete forum?
Then you should take a look here: viewforum.php?f=31
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
unknown2

Post by unknown2 »

Kevin wrote:I'm not sure if i understand you correctly. The second screenshot is of the forum index, not a post.
Yes it is! its the forum index without the portal apllyed
Kevin wrote:You can display the forum index on the portal, just enable it in the ACP settings of the portal (and you may disable the news block, if you dont like it).
I know this, but because of the space is little less with the aplication of the portal (the sides are ocuppied by the blocks so the center with the messages stays bigger in height, because now its needed 4/5 lines to display the description of a section in the middle)
Kevin wrote:You may also have a closer look on the possible settings of the portal: acp_demo/en/
Already know that, caus i have tested the forum
Kevin wrote:Or do you want to have the side blocks be displayed all over the complete forum?
If with this your saying that i want to display the blocks in the red areas of this pic (http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9990/blocksn.jpg), then the awnser is yes!
As u can see in this screenshot, u see the normal look of black pearl (without the portal MOD), but i do still have space in the left and right sides of the template, for inserting blocks!
Are u get it now?

Sorry for my bad eng =(

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

OK, then i would say that your solution might be: prepare your style to stretch in the complete width (like prosilver or subsilver2) and install the mod portalview.
Here is an example of a site of mine, with black pearl and mod portalview (but with blocks on the left side only): http://www.electricsaints.com/viewtopic ... eader=news
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Return to “Styles Support”