ACP problem after update

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
liviu2000

ACP problem after update

Post by liviu2000 »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.3
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge
Boardlink: http://www.smenpoker.ro/

PHP Version: 5.2.5

What have you done before the problem was there?
I update portal from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?
Restore edited files with my old files , replace with my old files of includes/acp/... files, language/en/mods ... , purge the cache

Description and Message
When I click on Administration Control Panel under the Module Management heading on the System tab of the ACP, I get a blank page. The links to User Control Panel & Moderator Control Panel in the Module Management section work fine.
I must tell you that before upgrading I opted to hidden all modules there in ACP except two: mini calendar and custom block. In Mods tab I still have now, after upgrading, mini calendar and custom block , visible and full configurable. After upgrading I have now 2 more blocks there: friends and birthdays, both configurable. How can I made rest of ACP modules visible again?
Anyone can help me?

EDITED BY AUTHOR: second part of my problem solved ... How? I change settings 0 to 1 in phpbb3_modules from database using PHPmyadmin to each modules hidden- in Visible tab is now 1 , in Enabled too. Unfortunatelly I still cannot acces ACP management... still blank page in my browser ( IE7), in IE8 I got an ugly 500 Error when accesing SYSTEM/MODULE MANAGEMENT / ACP tab so I can't add /modify/configure any module...
Good news is that in mods tab I have now all modules, fully configurable.
Last edited by liviu2000 on 13. February 2011 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
liviu2000

Re: ACP problem after update

Post by liviu2000 »

I noticed that in english version of 1.0.3 some language files were uploaded with wrong encoded ( in german version is OK), ANSI instead UTF8 , so that cause to me to not see well some mods titles and descriptions. I corected encoding and titles are OK now but still blank ACP Module Management... Nobody can help me? Give me a clue please, were to search , what files generate link from http://....../adm/index.php?.......=modules&mode=acp page.

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”