how can i select topics to be listed en News block

Current Version: 1.0.6
Released: 09.01.10
Forum rules
Before creating a new support thread, please take a look in the board3 Portal FAQ and use the search!
Many questions have already been answered.

Topic author
kurtjavier
phpBB.com User: kurtjavier

how can i select topics to be listed en News block

Post by kurtjavier »

Your Portal Version: 1.0.2
Your phpBB Type: Standard phpBB3
MODs installed: No
Your knowledge: Beginner
Boardlink: http://www.foro.asecys.com/portal.php

PHP Version: 5.2.6

What have you done before the problem was there?

What have you already tryed to solve the problem?

Description and Message
well i'm new in the board3 portal system, and i'm from venezuela so excuseme if somebody can't understand me.....

Well i install and configure board3 portal perfectly, but i just have one question...... i just want to show the news block and who is online, nothing else..... i already configure that, but in the News block i just want to show the topics that i select from the ID forums that i specify in the acp settings.... I mean fo example, in the forum ID 10, i have 5 topics but i just one that the topic 3 be displayed in the news block in the portal the other 4 topics i dont want to be displayed in the portal news block........

I create a hide forum named PORTAL and in the configuration in the acp i specify that the news forum id will be the ID from the hide forum PORTAL (in this case is 45), and the topics that i create it in that forum will be displayed in the portal automatically, but when the user can't enter in the original topic 'cause the topic that is displayed in the forum is from the hide (and lock) forum PORTAL no from the original forum where the topic was created..

I hope that i have written well, and I have correctly stated, I hope your answers guys, thanks and good luck.

take care

Topic author
kurtjavier

Re: how can i select topics to be listed en News block

Post by kurtjavier »

nobody??? :(

Kevin
Site Admin
phpBB.de User: Saint
phpBB.com User: Saint_hh

Post by Kevin »

I'm not sure if i understand correctly what you are trying to achieve.

But try it this way:
Disable the permission check for the news, disable the compact mode and put a link to the original topic, you want the people to read in the forum.
This might be what you want to do.
~~~ They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result ~~~

Kein Support per PN / No support via PM!

Topic author
kurtjavier

Post by kurtjavier »

well i remove the code (in the portal style) that displays the name of the topic with the link only will the body of the message and a link to the original theme will be shown, not to the copy topic that I create in the hide forum portal.... that was my solution :S

Return to “board3 Portal 1.0.x - English Support”