Welcome Block question

Topic author
dv-design

Welcome Block question

Post by dv-design »

is it possible to change the title of the welcome block to something other then welcome, if so which files and where in the files would i have to make the changes?

Thanks

thomas.d
Former Team Member
phpBB.de User: thomas.d
phpBB.com User: thomas.d

Re: Welcome Block question

Post by thomas.d »

Hi dv,

you've opened a bunch of requests here and I'm going to take care of this one.

Kevin is out to hire some additional support staff to take care of the rest ... ;)

Open

/root/language/en/mods/lang_portal.php

Find

Code: Select all

'WELCOME'				=> 'Welcome',
and edit

Code: Select all

Welcome
as you like it.
Viele Grüße

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

Topic author
dv-design

Re: Welcome Block question

Post by dv-design »

Thanks Thomas,

Yes i know i have a bunch of threads going. It only means i like you guys ;) otherwise i wouldnt be wasteing both our time, right?

I have gotten some of my stuff answered on my own. I will try to get to posting in those threads tonight so that no one bothers with them.

You guys saved me big time, i was hopeing to do what portal3 does with my site for a long time and was thinking id have to ditch phpbb and goto drupal. Unfortunalty thatd mean spending alot of time and effort learing drupal.

I couldnt be happier right now, despite having spent the last 2 days working feaverishly on my site, your mods are excellent. Easy to install and easy to modify. the documentation and coding is professional grade.

Im gathering everything and tweaking it on my test server and as soon as i got everything shipshape i will port it over to my live website. After which point i will be telling everyone i know about you guys. Phpbb.com should hire you guys asap and pay you big money for what your doing here, i seriously have yet to apreciate a mod for phpbb this much.

thanks.

Return to “Modifications Support”