Sticky News

Topic author
lblanchardiii

Sticky News

Post by lblanchardiii »

I want something similar to the "Global Announcements" block, but I want it to show just Sticky topics. The problem I am having with the Global Announcements block is that, it will show the announcements in the forum(s) I check, plus the Global Announcements, no matter which forum they are posted in. (I believe this is more a problem with the way Phpbb handles Global Announcements) So to fix the issue, I think having a forum setup that will pull only Sticky topics would be much better.

I'm going to try to modify the Global Announcements code to just pull the Sticky posts, but I am pretty sure with my little knowledge of php programming I'm going to get stuck and/or break something.

Topic author
lblanchardiii

Re: Sticky News

Post by lblanchardiii »

Little bit of help on this? Can't seem to get it right.

I just want this to pull the announcements from the forums I specify; but it seems that if a Global Announcement is posted anywhere it'll show that instead. This isn't what I want and I think the only way to change that is to change how PHPbb3 handles globals. So I think the easiest solution would be to change the "Global announce" block to display "sticky" posts from forums you specify. Not having any luck on changing the code to do that though.

Return to “Modification Requests”