Add custom page

Topic author
urednik

Add custom page

Post by urednik »

Hello,

I lowe this mode, and use it.
A know that different users use different block, but is it possible to combine this mode with CMS (not full version) ?

My site is combination of static pages, portal, gallery, calendar and forum.
But I have a lot of work to add static pages. This is hand coding of 3 pages for each static page.

I wish that portal have function "add page" similar as mod "primetime" or "PhpBB3 Knowledge Base" or "Static Pages" .

So this pages is "stored" in one of invisible forum and show as single page, with combination of left page of portal.
Also menu will be created automatically so it can be navigated between pages.

Result of static page will be like this page: http://www.borovnica.eu/phpbb/obcina.php /sorry page is in Slovene language /

This can be used for small community pages, or team pages, when a few pages is static, to show data, and few is dynamic. But user can search by search engine, and can see also results from static pages.

I test mod "primetime" & "PhpBB3 Knowledge Base" & "Static Pages" , each is sollution for something I look, but, no one can be modified to use it with portal, I like most.

So It can be done ??
I wish to contribute, if this can be done with this mode....

Topic author
urednik

Re: Add custom page

Post by urednik »

OK, no help from board ?

But I manage to do something....

I use static pages mod ( http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &start=135 ) and modify three files, so static page show also left block of portal.
I add also HTML hack, so if you add static page as HTML, it is shown like you wish. Of course BBC still works.

I wish to upload files, but attachment is not allowed here..

Now I need to crack two thing:
1. How to modify main_menu.html, to show also list of available static pages?
By hand is no problem, but automatic ??
2. How to modify search engine to search also into this pages ?

Anyone to help ?

Return to “Modification Requests”