Forum Statistics 0.3.0

Please post general support questions for the phpBB3 core system on phpBB.com!
Bitte allgemeine Supportanfragen zu phpBB3 auf phpBB.de stellen!
Forum rules
Please post general support questions for the phpBB3 core system on phpBB.com!
Bitte allgemeine Supportanfragen zu phpBB3 auf phpBB.de stellen!

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Re: Forum Statistics 0.3.0

Post by Marc »

Version 0.1.0 steht zum Download bereit: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1473625
Deutsche Sprachdateien gibt es leider erst die Tage (die Zeit lässt grüßen).

Falls ihr Fehler entdeckt, einfach im Bugtracker melden: http://www.m-a-styles.de//bugtracker/index.php

phpbb3-mods.com

Post by phpbb3-mods.com »

Please note to clear up any misunderstanding, the original author (TheUniqueTiger) of phpBB Statistics Version 0.3.0 is still around and has provided Version RC1 to ourselves for release and control. This release can be found on phpBB.com as RC1 Advanced Forum Statistics Mod. He is still in regular communication and did not abandon this mod was just otherwise engaged. It is rather annoying that people just assume that mods are abandoned.

Regards

James (Co Owner)

Marc
Dev
phpBB.de User: marc1706
phpBB.com User: Marc

Post by Marc »

There never was a phpBB Statistics Version 0.3.0. You are talking about Forum Statistics Version 0.3.0. Also, Forum Statistics 1.0.0RC1 has basically the same features as 0.3.0, there are just minor edits.

phpBB Statisitics 0.1.0 has new features (see Changelog in the phpBB.com topic) and is also XHTML 1.0 valid. TheUniqueTiger also gave me permission to work on this MOD (which he does not have to do, since it was released under the GNU GPL) and even allowed me to change his copyright notices to fit the phpBB.com Coding Guidelines.

I don't know why you always have to claim that you are the only ones who were authorised by TheUniqueTiger to update his MOD. It is just not true. :roll:

phpbb3-mods.com

Post by phpbb3-mods.com »

Marc wrote: TheUniqueTiger also gave me permission to work on this MOD (which he does not have to do, since it was released under the GNU GPL) and even allowed me to change his copyright notices to fit the phpBB.com Coding Guidelines.

I don't know why you always have to claim that you are the only ones who were authorised by TheUniqueTiger to update his MOD. It is just not true. :roll:
Our point is mainly to keep us clear in terms of legal issues. We are a company with over 30 employees and phpbb3-mods.com, therefore mods for phpbb are just a pastime for our programmers so we have to be careful. We are not claiming that we were the only ones allowed to update the mod, quite simply we were indirectly asked to release RC1 on behalf of TheUniqueTiger as it had been already put together a while ago. It is part of a free service we provide. It is when people just assume that scripts have been abandoned and jump on the bandwagon, that is the annoying bit. There is far too much of that going on.

In terms of copyright you are allowed to add copyright notices below the original for the changes that you have made. Believe me, we have someone that works with the GNU daily and the also copyright office. With your variation of the mod, the majority of the original code is still there with your minor addons. It would have been correct if you had done it that way instead of claiming copyright! especially as 2009 when the originals go back to 2007.

We are not interested in what you do with this script in terms of updates and releases etc but we will be keeping a watch on the legal issues of the GNU correct as it is part of our company procedure and as we have been involved with it we intend to keep our hand clean.

Regards and good luck. (Two mods doing the same thing :D )

James

thomas.d
Former Team Member
phpBB.de User: thomas.d
phpBB.com User: thomas.d

Post by thomas.d »

Hi James,
phpbb3-mods.com wrote:... It is when people just assume that scripts have been abandoned and jump on the bandwagon, that is the annoying bit. ...
Re: [BETA] Forum Statistics 0.3.0

Post by TheUniqueTiger » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:31 am
This was TUTs last post in his topic! How can someone think, that this mod was not abandoned?

Since February 2008 users, especially Marc, took over the support for this mod ... and it was high time that someone (Marc) started further developing.

Anyway, this discussion doesn't make any sense here on the Board3 Portal support site.

Locked.
Viele Grüße

Thomas

Deutsche Sprachdateien für
[Alpha] phpBB Calendar 0.0.8 (alightner) | [RC] phpBB Arcade 1.0.RC8 |
ACP Add User MOD 1.0.0 |

Return to “General phpBB3 Support”